Mohokini store, 114 st. Marys road, Garston Liverpool, L19 2JG
The workshop will take place in our store based in Garston Village. It's about 20 minutes from Liverpool City centre, 5 mins from Liverpool airport and in close proximity to bus and train station (South Parkway or Cressington station).
If you've been thinking about learning to sew clothes then this is the class for you! In this one day class you'll sew a pair of elasticated trousers using our Trousers pattern.
This pattern is available in both a men's and women's style, so this class is for everyone. The trousers have a mid-high rise and a slightly flared leg. They work well in a variety of different fabrics as either pyjamas, dress pants or beach trousers and are the perfect garment to get anybody excited about making their own clothes!
The pattern is available in the following sizes: men's 28-42 inch waist and women's UK size 4-20. If you fall outside of this size bracket and would like to attend please get in touch.
You will sew one complete set of trousers and will leave with the finished product. You will need to provide your size before class so that we can prepare the pattern for you (we will help with measuring). The class will be taught by our founder and assisted by a variety of highly skilled and experienced guest teachers including members of our production team who each have extensive knowledge and expertise.
STUDENTS WILL LEARN:
If you're new to sewing and want to learn how to sew clothes this is the class for you! In the class you will use a paper pattern to sew a garment.
You will learn:
- Workshop Healthy and safety
- Machine safety
- Overview of sewing tools and materials
- Introduction to different types of needles
- How to set up and thread a flat stitch and overlock machine
- How to achieve different stitches
- how to select suitable construction methods
- How to measure your body and pick a size
- How to cut and trace pattern pieces
- How to cut your fabric following all necessary markings
- How to cut fabric pieces on the grain/bias
- Fabric preparation
- Types of fabrics and their uses
- How to finish your raw edges
- How to hem
- How to bag out
- Choosing fabrics and notions for dress making
- Cutting, marking and sewing stretch fabrics
- Tips for sewing delicate fabrics
- Finishing seams and edge stitches for dress making
- Choosing and applying elastics
- Basic pattern adjustments
- How to insert a waistband
The skills learnt in this one day class will prepare you to tackle other sewing patterns at home.
- Use of all tools including our sewing machines.
- If you'd prefer to bring your own machine then that is absolutely fine just let us know. We can help you to understand how to use.
- the complete pattern for the trousers to take away and we'll send you a link to download the full pattern after the class.
- elastics and trims
- Drinks and snacks throughout the class
STUDENTS WILL NEED TO BRING:
- a notebook for some notes.
- Fabric (1.5m or extra incase of mistakes) and matching thread for your trousers. We can advise you on what fabrics will work best and you'll be sent through a full list of requirements before the Class. If not the dress can be made in stock fabrics at an extra cost contact us to confirm
WHO IS THIS CLASS FOR?
This class is suitable for beginners. The class will be max 4 people.
In addition, each participant will receive an extra two hours of drop-in studio time that can be booked in any time within 4 weeks of the class. During this time you may not have the teachers full attention however will have access to the studio alongside the team where you will have access to help and support of different team members. Offering you the opportunity to seek extra assistance from our team on various sewing projects. Whether you need help adding a zipper to a project, exploring different neck finishes, making adjustments to your trousers, or creating entirely new patterns, our team is here to provide comprehensive support. Support can also be offered by way of phone call, zoom etc.
We are committed to enhancing your sewing skills and ensuring the successful completion of your projects. This additional studio time is designed to cater to your specific needs and aspirations. We are excited about the prospect of maximizing your learning experience.
This class is also taught by our founder Serene who has over 10 years experience as a designer, pattern cutter and dressmaker. The class is also assisted by a variety of highly skilled and experienced guest teachers including member of our production team. Our focus is toprovide a calm teaching space to give people the confidence to explore clothes making in a way that matches their needs.
Payment plans are available - drop us an email for more information!
Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.