DRESSMAKING CLASS - LEARN TO SEW YOUR DRESS OF DREAMS - £200
Regular priceSale price
Unit price/ per
Couldn't load pickup availability
DATE, TIME AND LOCATION
Various dates available see drop down
10am - 5pm
Mohokini store, 114 st. Marys road, Garston Liverpool, L192JG
The workshop will take place in our store based in Garston Village. It's about 20 minutes from Liverpool City centre, 5 mins from Liverpool airport and in close proximity to bus and train station (South Parkway or Cressington station).
Prior to purchasing please send us images of the dress design you wish to make for our approval as the design needs to be able to be cut and sewn within 3/4 hours on the day of your class. Once confirmed you will be able to purchase and we will get started on preparing the pattern ready for your class.
You will sew one complete dress over a full day class and will leave with the finished product. You will need to provide your size before class so that we can prepare the pattern for you (we will help with measuring). The class will be taught by our founder and assisted by a variety of highly skilled and experienced guest teachers including member of our production team who each have extensive knowledge and expertise.
STUDENTS WILL LEARN:
If you've got the hang of using your sewing machine, have used a paper pattern before and want to sew a beautiful dress, this class is for you! Suitable for beginner / intermediate sewists, the class will cover:
- How to measure your body and pick a size
- How to cut and trace pattern pieces
- How to cut your fabric and make all necessary markings
- How to cut fabric pieces on the grain/bias
- How to finish your raw edges
- How to hem
- How to finish a neckline
- How to bag out
- Choosing fabrics and notions for dress making
- Cutting, marking and sewing stretch fabrics
- Tips for sewing delicate fabrics
- Finishing seams and edge stitches for dress making
- Choosing and applying elastics
- Basic pattern adjustments
- Use of all tools including our sewing machines. If you'd prefer to bring your own machine then that is absolutely fine.
- All materials for sewing up a complete dress.
- the complete pattern for the dressto take away and we'll send you a link to download the full pattern after the class.
- Drinks and snacks throughout the class
STUDENTS WILL NEED TO BRING:
- a notebook for some notes.
- You may want to bring your own fabric if not the dress can be made in stock fabrics at no extra cost
Alongside expert instruction, we're thrilled to enhance your learning experience with our handy sewing guide Packed with invaluable tips and tricks, this guide is your compass through the world of sewing.
You will also be able to purchase any of our basic dress-making patterns and blocks on the day as well as get discounts on any of our up and coming classes. Packed with invaluable tips and tricks, this guide is your compass through the world of sewing and dressmaking.
WHO IS THIS CLASS FOR?
This class is suitable for advanced beginners. You must be able to confidently use a sewing machine. The class will be max 4 people.
This class is taught by our founder Serene who has over 10 years experience as a designer, pattern cutter and dressmaker. The class is also occasionally assisted by a variety of experienced guest teachers including member of our production team. Our focus is toprovide a calm and friendly teaching space to give people the confidence to explore clothes making in a way that matches their needs.
Payment plans are available - drop us an email for more information!
Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.